|Обращение/приветствие||Dear Simon,Dear Miss Jones,Dear Mum|
- It was great to get your letter….
- Thanks for your letter. It was great/lovely to hear from you.
- Thanks for your long letter. It was really great to hear all your news, after not hearing from you for ages….
- Sorry I haven’t written for so long but….
- I’m very sorry about not replying to your letter sooner but I’ve been extremely busy.
- Sorry for not writing earlier but I’ve…
- How are things with you?
- I’m sorry I haven’t written for so long, but…
- I was really pleased to hear that…
- I thought I’d better write and tell you about….
- I would really like you to visit me this summer. Write to me and tell me your plans.
- Thanks for sending me… Please write to me again soon, and tell me all your news.
- Please give/send my regards (love) to your…. And write and tell me your plans for….
- I would really love to see you. Why don’t you come and visit me this….. Write back soon!
- If you want to know anything else, just drop me a line.
- Well, that’s all for now. Do write back soon.
- That’s all my news for now…
|Письма с просьбой дать совет (Asking for advice)|
- I am writing to ask for your advice.
- Can you give me your advice?
- Give me your advice about….
- Can you think of anything that…?
- I’ve got a problem and I need your advice.
- I’ve got a problem, and I think you can help.
- What do you think I should do?
- Give me / Send me your advice soon.
- Do you think I should…?
- Do you have any idea about…?
- Please let me know what to do.
- Please let me know what you think I should do
- I’d like to know what you think about…
- Write back soon and tell me what you think.
- Your advice would help me a lot.
|Письма-советы (Giving advice)|
- I ‘m sorry to hear ... and I think I can help.
- Cheer up / Don’t worry too much.
- Don’t let it get you down.
- I’m only too glad to help.
- I just got your letter and I think ...
- Here’s what I think you should do.
- Why don’t you ... ?
- If I were you/in your position, I’d .../ I wouldn’t ... .
- Have you thought of/about ... + Ving?
- Don’t forget to...
- It would be a good idea to ...
- What you should do is …
- How about + Ving ... ?
- What about + Ving ... ?
- I think you should …
- The best advice I can give you is …
- Another good idea is to …
- I hope that this/ my advice helps.
- Let me know what happens.
- Let me know how it went.
- Let’s hope that things get better
- Let’s hope that everything turns out all right.
- Hope this helped.
- If you do this, you would ….
|Письмо-извинение (Letter of apology)|
- I'm really sorry that I forgot about...; I'm writing to apologise for...
- I'm so sorry I couldn't make it...
- It will never happen again ...
|Письмо-приглашение (Letter of invitation)|
- I'm writing to invite you to ...
- I'm having a party ...; Would you like to come?
- I hope you'll be able to join us/to make it.
|Письмо-просьба (Letter of request)|
- I'm writing to ask you for your help/to do me a favour
- I wonder/was wondering if I could ask you to ...
- I would be so/terribly/really grateful if you could ...
|Благодарственное письмо (Thank you letter) |
- I'm writing to thank you so much for...
- The party was great/fantastic ...
- It was very kind/nice of you to ...
|Письмо-поздравление (Congratulations letter)|
- I'm writing to congratulate you on passing your exams ... .
- Congratulations on ... .
- You really were the best... .
- You deserved... .
|Письмо-информация (Letter of information)|
- This is just to let you know that... .
- I'm just writing to tell you that... .
- You must be wondering what's happened to us all.
- Here's our news at the moment... .